Student Highlight: Lamar Needs a Change!

We’ve been working on writing this week with a focus on persuasive writing.  Their prompt:  A generous donor is going to build a facility in Lamar to find activities for young people.  Write an essay describing the facility you would like and convince Mr. Jackson to agree with you.  Check out Akeivion’s awesome post!

*************************************************************************************

Mr. Jackson,
I’m sending you this letter because the town of Lamar stores aren’t so great. We need to rebuild some stuff and change the names of them. See I was thinking we could Chang dollar general. We can put security alarms and new parking spots. I’m pretty sure that will work out well.

We could also change subway by cleaning the bathrooms up. Subway also needs to be secure because we don’t need any one to steal our delicious taste. I really don’t think subway needs to be change only when it is time for the spring and festivals that’s when it needs to stay clean.

Our piggly wiggly needs to be changed to bi-lo because I bet everyone wants something to change around instead of looking any old ragged town or city. In bi-lo we can put a race track inside on the floor so kids will be excited for the future. In bi-lo it can be better with alarms a new place where people get there medicine. The reason I want piggly wiggly to be changed because I think it been there to long and people are getting tired of it.

The Chinese restaurant could also be changed by changing or painting the walls. My second reason we should make our city look new because when people visit they can say it looks nice. I really care about lamar because it is important to our education. when people think about Lamar they think about. What they can do but turns that dont do it.

Thats why people need to change because think about nothing in the city, imagine us with no stores,no skating ring,no movie theater, no Chinese restaurant and definitely no school,we would be the poorest city in the U.S.A so people step up and do your role play a part in life and be honored for something .